Online registration closes at Noon – May 16
ON-SITE REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN:
Friday May 16– 5:00PM-10:00PM
Saturday May 17– 8:00AM-10:00PM
Sunday May 18– 7:30AM-9:30AM
Cash or check, please
$60 per racer
The Pisgah 55.5K will test the endurance of both those not ready to try their luck at the 111K and those that are willing to take on two days of Pisgah racing in a row. Held the day AFTER the Pisgah 111K the 55.5K will start and finish at the field directly across from Davidson River campground. Start time will be 10AM.
New for 2014 we will be allowing RUNNERS into the event!!! Same course, same rest areas. Runners will follow cyclists in a second start wave.
The route: Black->Turkey Pen->Bradley->5015->Laurel->Pilot->476->S Mills->Buckhorn->Black
Event schedule and times
Sign in- Saturday- 8AM-10PM / Sunday May 18 6:00am-9:30am
Racer meeting Sunday May 18 9:45am
Start Sunday May 18 10:00am
$60 per racer
- PLEASE DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE EXTREME DIFFICULTY OF THIS EVENT.
- We have very limited parking. Please consider leaving your car someplace other than the start/finish. For example, there are a few very large lots at the intersection of NC276 and NC280. We will also be directing half of all vehicles that arrive to the Ranger Station. Please be prepared for that possibility. Please show up early.
- We will be selling raffle tickets (2 for $5) good for a chance at winning a set of Industry Nine Torch Hubset. All proceeds will be donated to Trips for Kids WNC. Please bring cash or checks.
- Sign-In, drop-bag drop-off, raffle sales, and Race start will be at the field directly across the street from Davidson River Campground on NC276 in Pisgah Forest, NC.
- Sign-in and drop-bag drop-off will be open from 8:00AM-10:00PM Saturday and 7:30am-9:30am on race day.
- There will be a mandatory racer meeting at 9:45am
- The Pisgah 55.5K Mountain Bike Race will start at 10:00am
- Drop-bags may be sent to each of the three rest areas. Please limit the size of your drop bag to a one gallon zip lock bag per rest area (approximately two large water bottles).
- CYCLISTS MUST WEAR THEIR HELMETS AT ALL TIMES WHILE RIDING.
- All gravel roads used in the Pisgah 55.5K will be OPEN to vehicle traffic. Please use common sense while on gravel roads. Stay to the right. Do not cut corners. Pass with care. Ride single file.
- Racers leaving the third rest area after 6:00pm MUST HAVE AN EMERGENCY LIGHT mounted to either their helmet or handlebars. If you think you may need a light please pack it into your rest area three drop-bag.
- Raffles will be held at 6:00pm. You do not need to be present to win.
- There is one rest area cutoff. Racers must leave the third rest area before 8:00pm.
- The final cutoff is 10:00pm. Racers coming in after that time will be DNF.
- NO REFUNDS
$60 per racer
This event is under special use permit with the U.S. Forest Service.