That’s right! It’s BACK! Pisgah Productions is proud to announce the return of one of the most popular events in the mountains of Western North Carolina,
The Night Train!
The Night Train challenges solo riders and teams of 2 or 4 to complete as many laps as possible in 12 hours. There will also be a 6 hour category open to solo riders and teams of 2! The 12 hour race starts at 10:00AM. New for 2016 the 6 hour race starts at 4:00PM!!!
5:00PM-10:00PM Friday – sign-in and registration open.
8:00AM-9:30AM Saturday – sign-in and registration open.
9:45AM Saturday – 12 hour race registration closed.
9:50AM Saturday – 12 hour racer meeting.
10:00AM Saturday – 12 hour race start.
3:45PM Saturday – 6 hour race registration closed.
3:50PM Saturday – 6 hour racer meeting.
4:00PM Saturday – 6 hour race start.
10:20PM Saturday – race cutoff.
11:59PM Saturday – PIT AREA CLOSED.
1. Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
2. The event will start with a Le-Mans style start. Racers must have their bike in position for the start in the baseball field by 9:55.
3. Team members may race consecutive laps. However, each team member must complete a minimum of 1 lap.
4. Team transitions must occur at the timing/transition tent.
5. Final laps must be completed by 10:20PM.
6. NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING IN THE PIT AREA. Please make lodging accommodations prior to arrival.
7. The participant/team with the most laps in the least amount of time wins.
8. The Race Director reserves the right to disqualify any rider for any reason deemed by race officials as unsportsmanlike or otherwise against the spirit of the event.
9. Rule infractions witnessed by Race Officials will result in disqualification.
From Knoxville, Tennessee, take Hwy 129 south from Knoxville to Maryville, TN. Just past Maryville, Hwy129 turns left off of the four lane highway. Drive carefully. This section of this route is a beautiful, but curvy mountain road known as the “Dragon” by car & bike enthusiasts. One mile past past the TN/NC state line turn left on Hwy 28 at Deals Gap. Continue on Hwy 28 for 8.6 miles.
From Asheville, North Carolina take I-40 west. Take the exit for Hwy 74 (Great Smoky Mountain Expressway). Stay on Hwy 74 (four lane) you will pass Clyde, Sylva, and 8 miles past Bryson City turn right on Hwy 28. Continue on Hwy 28 for 25 miles.
From North Atlanta, travel north on I-75, I-575, GA 5, US 76, GA & NC 60 North, US 64 east to US 129/19. North of Andrews, take US 129 to Robbinsville. Take NC 143 east to Hwy 28, follow Hwy 28 to Fontana Village.
Another route from North Atlanta, north on GA 400 to Dahlonaga then US 19 North to US 129, then US 129 North to Robbinsville. Take NC 143 east to Hwy 28, follow Hwy 28 to Fontana Village.
From east Atlanta, take I-85 north to 985 north which turns into US 441. Continue into NC to the town of Dillsboro. Merge on to Hwy 74 west to Bryson City (last chance for groceries) turn right on Hwy 28. Continue on Hwy 28 for 25 miles.
From Chattanooga, Tennessee take I-75 north to exit 20 onto US 64 E. towards Cleveland and merge onto the US 74E/US 64E via the ramp to the Ocoee River Gorge. Travel 81 miles to Topton, NC. Turn left on US 129. Travel 11 miles and turn right on NC 143 in Robbinsville, NC. Travel 9 miles and turn left onto NC 28. Fontana will be 11.7 miles north on your left.
For GPS Users
For GPS users, the coordinates to the Lodge for check-in are 35.4364112, -83.822342 35.4364112 -83.822342 N35° 26.1847′, W083° 49.3405′ or plug in the following address: 300 Woods Road. Fontana Dam, North Carolina 28733
Sorry, No refunds.
Sorry, please leave your pets at home.
This event is under special use permit with the U.S. Forest Service.